As previously mentioned, UNDER CODE is supporting ex-「あゃ」 (「Aya」) [and ex-chariots support] drummer 兼継 (Kentz) by sponsoring his “last stage” events. It turns out that “last stage” doesn't just refer to musical retirement...
Through a press release, Kentz has revealed that he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He wants to take the stage one last time to, quite literally, celebrate the last stage of his life. Below is a rough translation of his statement:
_I've come to understand that I have terminal cancer, and I decided I wanted to return to the stage in my short remaining life, so I talked with the ex-「Aya」 members about a revival live.
- Each member, despite his current activities, willingly agreed and so we set about determining the details.
It crossed my mind that I was with chariots two years ago.
- Since this will probably be my life's last live, I thought chariots should by all means appear and suggested this idea to KISAKI, who agreed.
At first I intended to produce the event myself, but since I didn't have any experience I found it difficult to book a lineup, and so I contacted KISAKI (who has considerable experience with event production) and he agreed to arrange everything.
- For KISAKI's willing agreement, I am truly grateful.
KISAKI has been involved in many crossroads in my life.
- Back when 「Aya」 was expanding through Kantou, whenever we had office problems, he constantly invited us to chariots lives and always kindly gave us advice.
And now, with my cancer battle, he tells me “don't give up”.
- In that way my respect for KISAKI has grown considerably, and for his help producing my last live, I am truly grateful.
After all of this, I consider him an older brother.
Everyone, please come to my life's last stage and burn the images into your eyes and commit them to happy memory.
-- And KISAKI adds “I've decided to support Kentz, a valued junior who is in the middle of fighting an illness, through his life's LAST STAGE. Everyone, please lend your support.” http://ameblo.jp/undercode-(108)/KISAKI/entry-11170327897.html
Very sad. This news really changes the meaning of the live, doesn't it? Let's pray for Kentz and wish him a final period filled with happiness. Good luck Kentz!