WE LOVE UNDER CODE blog
At the tail-end of their European tour, Versailles held their live at La Machine du Moulin Rouge in Paris, France on February 5th. Not only did the band end their tour there, but they ended it with a bang - specifically, a surprise appearance by none other than
Only the year before did Sui take a summer trip to Paris during his temporary break from music, but this time, he was able to take the stage on his own as he performed his only song, GENESIS, to his newfound audience. After the show, music cards were distributed to attendees and with the help of a unique password, the song GENESIS could be downloaded in full-length; Sui later posted the song on his new Facebook account for those who didn't go to the live and asked for feedback. The only other request was to not post the song on Youtube.
I'm definitely looking forward to GENESIS's official release, whenever that'll be!!
In other news, it's since been announced that David will perform at Versailles bassist MASASHI's birthday live, "Dark Matter Party", at Shin-Yokohama (新横浜) NEW SIDE BEACH on April 25. Speaking of MASASHI, it has been rumoured that he and YUKI (Versailles drummer) took part in recording GENESIS; this has not yet been confirmed. However, Erina (ex-TRIGGAH, Dio) has announced on Twitter that he played guitar for David's token song.
It is not yet known if these three are already supporting members, whether long or short-term, but if they are, the possibility of a reunion between Sui and Misery (ex-
Posts from 2016
On 2016-09-28, the band will hold their revival live and 17th(!) oneman, 魔都制圧-Rebirth-.
Their next oneman, 魔都制圧-Hidden Ability-, will follow on October 6th, and their Halloween sponsored event, LIN MING PRODUCTION 「ROCK AGE Case.004」 「MAD Halloween in 魔都」, on October 29th. Their Xmas special live, 魔都制圧-Holy Night-, will be held on December 25th, and guitarist Lin (凛) will celebrate his birthday at their 20th oneman, 魔都制圧-AS Night-, the following day.
The band has also announced an Asia tour for 2017, but other details are TBA.
Lilith will release their 6th EP, Rebirth-歸來-, on 2016-09-28, with sales limited to that day only. (I'm not sure if the EP will only be sold at the live event―or if online orders will be accepted, but for one day only.) By the way, this EP will include their first Japanese song!
Lilith's 3-track 7th EP, 盤龍舞鳳-Dragon Heir-, will be released on 2016-12-21 (through the normal venues this time). A 2-track digital version will be sold on the same day.
I'm looking forward to their new songs ☆ミ
In other news, Lilith guitarist 凛-Lin- and bassist 修羅-Shura- have signed endorsement deals with ESP Guitars! Congrats, guys.
Note: As usual, I'm unable to romanise the Chinese correctly. Feel free to suggest corrections~
Lightning Strikes was a short-lived rock project formed in 1985 by drummer Karpis Maksudian, that reformed in 2011. They're currently recording their full length album, with the following lineup:
- Vocals. Nando Fernandez [Hangar, etc.]
- Guitar. Rob Math [Seal, Toni Braxton, Leatherwolf, etc.]
- Bass. Cat Tate [Snew, Red Again, etc.]
- Drums. Karpis Maksudian
- Key. Derek Sherinian [Dream Theater, KISS, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc.]
- Guest vocals. Tony Martin [Black Sabbath, etc.]
- Guest vocals. NOAH [AVANCHICK]
- Guest koto. Masayo Ishigure
Tony Martin [Black Sabbath] will act as guest vocalist for two songs, and NOAH will act as guest vocalist on two additional songs. The remaining songs' vocals will be performed by Nando Fernandez [Hangar].
NOAH will sing on the track Kamikaze (which was written by the band's original lineup in 1986) and will provide Enka-style vocals for Doki no Sakura (which will further feature traditional koto artist Masayo Ishigure).
The Lightning Strikes album will be mixed by Roy Z [Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bruce Dickinson, Helloween, Sepultura], and is set for a May, 2016 release.
Official press release / AVANCHICK official / Lightning Strikes official Facebook
Posts from 2015
KIRYU (己龍), CODOMO DRAGON (コドモドラゴン), DOG in ThePWO, and Royz will also participate in the tour, which will stop in TAIWAN on 2015-11-06, ShenZhen on 2015-11-08, and SEOUL on 2015-11-14. For full details, check here.
Posts from 2014
For those of you lucky enough to live nearby (and who are 21 years or older), here's the full info:
And here's the official press release (in English):
event page at Facebook
- LIN will release their first maxi-single, Sacred Xanadu (what a name!), via mail-order in the 2014-04-21 edition of Cure magazine.
- Their second maxi-single, Chaotic Resistance, will be released in two types on 2014-07-23. The normal type will be sold nationwide, while a Kansai-limited version with alternate jacket and different bonus track will be sold only at visual shops in Kansai. A double-purchase-application privilege will also be available; details TBA.
- LIN will make their first omnibus contribution to Yougenkyou-WEST- (妖幻鏡-WEST-) on 2014-07-23. Further details about the omnibus TBA.
- LIN's first lives will be two twoman events, Sacred illusionism~Battle Revival~, versus Grieva (グリーヴァ) and Black Gene For the Next Scene on 2014-06-01 and 2014-06-11, respectively. Special projects, TBA, will be held.
- Their coupling tour with Jupiter and Black Gene For the Next Scene, Battle for Clans Tour 【V3】, will be held on June 12, 13, and 17, in Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo, respectively.
- Their first foreign live will be held in Taichung, Taiwan on 2014-08-10 as part of HEART-TOWN FESTIVAL 2014.
- LIN's first national tour, Sacred illusionism, will kick off on 2014-07-01 and will end with the tour final and first oneman, Sacred illusionism -FINAL-, on 2014-08-31 at Umeda (梅田) AKASO.
- LIN will be the first artist signed to a new label called PLUG RECORDS WEST.
- PRW (PLUG RECORDS WEST) is a newly-established “western branch” of long-established visual label PLUG RECORDS―home to semi-famous indie bands such as Psycho le Cému, A (ACE), DaizyStripper, CELL, etc. So on one hand, we can presume that the label will have enough money to produce good quality releases; but on the other, the “brotherhood” of UNDER CODE PRODUCTION bands may not manifest in this new sublabel.
- Is KISAKI the president of PLUG RECORDS WEST? I don't know. I do know, however, that KISAKI himself is listened as “organizer” for LIN's live events, which gives the impression that he'll still be fully in charge of LIN's activities―but he may not be managing other bands for the foreseeable future.
- Just a note: that 2014-07-23 omnibus is a continuation of a classic line of visual omnibi that has been around since 2001. That, plus LIN being under an old label, plus the upcoming revival of the Rin・ne・ten・sei (輪・廻・転・生) events, gives me the impression that KISAKI is making an even bigger effort to bring old visual kei back to today's scene, somehow.
Posts from 2013
As I revealed in October, KISAKI will be returning to Taipai with special guest Sui (ex-Megaromania) next year! Complete details (mostly) of the event have been released:
KISAKI will return to Taipei on 2014-01-11 for a special additional performance of his 20th anniversary celebration event series. C'est la vie ~REMAIN OF THE 20TH YEARS HISTORY~ Taiwanhen (台湾編) will be held at PIPE Live Music, and will feature KISAKI in a special band with ex-Megaromania vocalist Sui. (The full lineup of the special band is TBA, but my guess is that it's similar to SchwarzVrain!)
Several Taiwanese visual bands will appear at the event, as will ex-VAGERKE leader's new band GLARD. A special tour package for Japanese fans, which includes exclusive events and an exclusive novelty present, has been prepared. Furthermore, special presents will be distributed to attendees on the day of the event.
Official event website
The main event is KISAKI ADVENT IN TAIPEI 「~Obscure Extra Show~」, at which LIN will perform a oneman show (with opening act Taiwanese visual kei band NARAKU).
The night before the oneman, KISAKI will appear as special guest at a visual event featuring Chinese visual bands Lycoris (蕊), SPADE14, Initial Retribution, virulent hana (罌粟花), and Februarius (貳月).
While KISAKI is busy at the special event live, other LIN members RIKU, KANATA, and REIYA will appear at a special handshake event. The event is limited to 100 participants, and tickets will be freely given to those who arrive with a copy of Chinese visual magazine VISUALZINE VOL.9 (which features a pullout poster of KISAKI).
( View the rest of this entry )
KISAKI ADVENT IN TAIPEI official Facebook
ADVENT Zenyasai official Facebook
VISUALZINE official website
Posts from 2012
KISAKI has announced that 凛 -the end of corruption world- (LIN) will hold their first overseas oneman! On November 3rd, the band will appear at LIVE HOUSE MAO in Shanghai, China; further details TBA.
KISAKI has announced that he will appear as special guest at a Chinese visual kei event in Shangai, China! The event, KISAKI ADVENT IN SHANHAI, will be held on June 29th at Kento's Live House.
The event will feature live performances from four Chinese visual kei bands and one Japanese band. KISAKI will participate in a session band along with ex-Synside guitarist Lin (who lives in China). 凛 -the end of corruption world- (LIN) will also “appear” by way of a film concert (eg. pre-recorded live footage of the band will be shown).
After the concert ends, KISAKI will participate in a handshake and signing event open to those who purchase merchandise at the venue. Sounds like it's going to be a great event! (And now that he has his passport updated... maybe KISAKI will finally come back to the West!)
Posts from 2011
So, Astan has given to us the detail about the ticket sale!
1 - We have to send an email to Astan from January the 3rd, not before. Here's the adress : www.astan-magazin.de
2 - It's the same for all the dates, one ticket is 27€.
3 - We still don't know anything about the paiement method, but I know they don't accept paypal, so I assume that we have to pay via "bank transfer." (I dunno the english word for that, sorry)
4 - The sooner you buy one ticket, the sooner you'll enter in the concert hall.(This works only if you buy one ticket via Astan email)