There are lots of little bits of news about last night's 輪・廻・転・生 ~A RETURN of “VISUAL MONSTER”~ (Rin・ne・ten・sei) event, and reports/pictures are just starting to pour in, so I thought I'd do a little roundup post. I'll add stuff as I find it (and feel free to add your own!)
-- Aliene Maφriage -
Vocalist 狂華 (Kyouka) made this post, which has tons of nice pictures. In particular, it has a picture of the banner that was at the back of the stage during the event. His accompanying text usually doesn't mean much—in this case he said that he thinks 90s visual kei had the best visuals, and that the era has been forever immortalized, and that he's glad to be a part of it. [added 2011-11-28]
- Ray also made this post about the event.
- Bassist 時雨-shigure- dedicated the live to Deshabillz' deceased members, bassists jun and 美歪 (Utsukushiibitsu). He also posted the setlist:
- 劇薬喜劇 (Gekiyaku Kigeki)
- IN THE TIME GOES BY
- Tsubairo no Hohoemi
- dj AKI (guitarist SHI-NO) made this entry about the event. He talked about playing that music again after almost 10 years, and showed a picture of the impressive line outside the livehall!
KISAKI PROJECT feat.砂月 (SATSUKI) -
- KISAKI tweeted the setlist from the live:
- 想 (Sou)
- 勿忘草 (Wasurenagusa)
- 存在理由 (Sonzairiyuu)
- 道標 (Michishirube)
The first and third tracks (Sou and Sonzairiyuu) are new songs. Sou will be released as the title track of the band's next single, but Sonzairiyuu is, as of now, unaccounted for. Perhaps it's the bonus track on the upcoming single?
- KISAKI posted this twoshot of guitarists JACK and Yoshitsugu.
The members were unable to contact original (well, second original) vocalist YUTAKA—even though he'd participated in their limited revival in 2009. So they instead recruited 星七 (Sena), vocalist of the Raid.
- The band collaborated with jewelers STRANGE FREAK DESIGNS to produce a Phantom降臨 マリア (Phantom Kourin MARIA) pendant. It costs 22,050 yen and is limited to 30 pieces—10 were for sale at last night's event, another 10 are on sale at shops (Treasure Lane, IS, GalleryS.F.D), and the remaining 10 are for sale online.
The pendant comes in five variants (one for each member): Sena's version features pink gems; GAZ's features Lavender gems; 小笠原 健一's (Ogasawara Kenichi's), black gems; TATSUYA's, “red” gems; and TAKUYA's, champagne gems.
There are a few privilege for buying a pendant.
- All purchases include a 4cm chain and custom box.
- All purchases also include a signed photo of the purchaser's chosen member (the official site says “two shot”, implying that the photo is actually of the purchaser with their chosen member—but I'm not sure how that would work if you ordered online).
- Any of the 10 pendants sold at last night's live will have a special engraving: the purchaser's name, the name of the member who designed that particular model, and a serial number.
- Anyone who orders directly from STRANGE FREAK DESIGNS (online mail order, I presume) will receive an original SFD totebag.
- After ordering, production takes about 2~3 weeks. Orders will be accepted through January 15th, 2012. Orders can be placed at the STRANGE FREAK DESIGNS OHP (overseas orders are accepted).
- La'Mule hadn't been able to contact original guitarist SIN for a month, so they performed with a support guitarist. The position was filled by ex-COЯE THE CHILD guitarist 頼田 陵介 (Yorita Ryosuke).
- La'Mule made an important announcement at the event: they're going to hold a two day oneman on the 5th and 6th of April! (2ch girls say the 4th and 5th, and that the live will be at Shibuya AX, but that seems a bit... big.)
- Bassist ISUKE posted this picture of the band's backstage pass.
- Drummer YOU-YA posted these pictures of his costume. He also posted this three shot with Kyouka and MAST of Aliene Maφriage.
Drummer Takaya posted this picture of the band together back stage.
- Vocalist 和泉 悠 (Izumi Yuu) posted this thank you message [added 2011-11-28]
- シンディケイト (CindyKate) drummer 沙美 (Sami) posted a picture of the Rin・ne・ten・sei sticker that was freely distributed at the live.
- 紫音 (Shion) (ex-drummer of Distray, LAYBIAL, Syndrome) posted this entry about the event. He also announced that he'll be the drummer at the KISAKI PROJECT feat.砂月 (SATSUKI) live on January 30th (JACK and TOSHIHIRO will also support at that live).
- RAME (bassist of Black Gene For the Next Scene, ex-VIDOLL) made this post, which includes a picture of the KISAKI PROJECT performance.
- zoisite (production company of 9GOATS BLACK OUT, etc.) staff Reiko Arakawa tweeted a picture of the signed KISAKI PROJECT poster that was sold at the event.
- 90s visual kei enthusiast wacky666 posted this comprehensive entry about the event (as well as DAS:VASSER's revival event the night before). Included in his entry is setlist information and several pictures of goods that he purchased at the events.
In particular, there's a picture of the KISAKI PROJECT signed signboard, which was given to those who spent 5,000 yen or more in goods. There are also pictures of goods included in the PureSound produced lucky bag. Additionally, there's a picture of KISAKI PROJECT's demo CD and the special DVD that was given to those who purchased both Syndrome and MIRAGE best albums.
Interestingly, the Syndrome best album in the picture seems to have a different cover... I wonder if it was a second press that we didn't know about? [added 2011-11-28]
ex-Syndrome first vocalist Tatsuya posted these two entries. The second talks about how fun it was to meet all of his Matina peers again, and the first just gives more general impressions of the event. He also mentions the upcoming third volume of the series; it will be his first time singing Syndrome songs in 11 years! He also says that they'll play Syndrome and Madeth gray'll songs. Yesss!! [added 2011-11-28]
KISAKI also mentioned that articles about the event will appear in Cure and FOOL'S MATE, to be released on December 21st and 28th, respectively. [added 2011-11-28]
- Finally, KISAKI made this touching post about how much he enjoyed the event, and how thankful he is to everyone for coming. According to him, about 1,000 people attended—and Akasaka BLITZ only holds about 1,200! [added 2011-11-28]