WE LOVE UNDER CODE blog
Here's some news that doesn't warrant its own post, featuring
GOEMON RECORDS has announced its annual lucky bags. As usual, there's a label edition,
All three oneman lives will be held on 2017-01-21 at SHIBUYA REX. PENTAGON will allow fans to decide the members' costumes; ARLEQUIN will allow fans to decide the setlist; and the GOEMON live will feature a vocalist shuffle.
SlipKnot Sugniami from COMMUNE (スリップノット杉並 from COMMUNE)
- V. Hiro (尋) [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST]
- G. Cazqui [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST]
- G. MIYA (ミヤ) [MUCC]
- B. Shohei (祥平) [
- D. Allen [TYRANT OF MARY]
Admittedly, I'd never heard of this before, but I guess it's a thing. It's basically a fan meeting/vacation, except there's a part where they all pray for the success of the band's upcoming release??
Anyway, the event will take place over January 14 & 15, at 44,800 yen per ticket. 4~5 people will stay in a hotel room together (additional charges for fewer than 4 people in one room), with 35~120 participating in total.
- arrival at the hotel
- welcome ceremony and greetings from PENTAGON members
- acoustic live at Suwako Onsen (上諏訪温泉)
- communal dinner (provided) and games with members
- room visit from the members & 2-shot photo session (separate ticket required)
- breakfast at the hotel (provided)
- bus ride to Suwataisha (諏訪大社) shrine, with exclusive secret video played during
- “Fukuo ha Dare!?” (“福男は誰!?”) at shrine (I guess it's a ceremony where they race, and first place is declared the luckiest person for that year?)
- “album hit prayer” (“ヒット祈願”) & 2-shot photo session (separate ticket required)
- farewell ceremony
- departure back to Tokyo (東京)
Since they're calling it “アルバムヒット祈願,” does that mean they're planning to release a full album soon?
A coupling CD, GTR, will be sold at the event, and will feature new, exclusive songs (will never appear on a future release) from each band.
Those who purchase a premium VIP ticket will be allowed to watch rehearsals, will have guaranteed front row positions, will get to go backstage, and will receive a signed bag of band goods.
The band says that they'll continue as a 4-member unit.
All songs on the single will feature 8-string guitar in Drop E tuning, “expressing the ultimate heaviness and roaring anger.” Aside from its release date of 2017-03-08, other details are TBA.
The band will hold their oneman tour, Rage against...xxx, in March, with a tour final oneman at Shinjuku (新宿) BLAZE on 2017-04-22. Aside from the tour final, each show will be produced by a different member:
- 2017-03-12 Produced by Makoto (誠) at Kashiwa (柏) Thumb Up
- 2017-03-18 Produced by Len (煉) at Akita (秋田) LIVE SPOT 2000
- 2017-03-25 Produced by JIN (儿) at Shizuoka (静岡) SUNASH
- 2017-03-26 Produced by Itsuki (樹) at Nagano (長野) LIVE HOUSE J
- 2017-04-02 Produced by RENA at Yonago (米子) AZTiC laughs
By the way, as of 2016-11-20, Len (煉) and RENA are no longer accepting fanmail.
Little update on
- Their live on December 17 will be cancelled due to "various cirucmstances".
- Guitarist Rutta will not be able to attend their New Years live on December 31 due to family reasons.
- Originally, they were going to play at 3 venues for their New Year lives, but that has since been reduced to only 2 - HOLIDAY SHINJUKU and Ikebukuro CYBER. Details tba.
- Vocalist Rei session band, MARUWO (マルヲ) will perform as the opening act of KALAVINKA (カラビンカ)/nüe/THE VELVET threeman live at 下北沢MOSAiC on December 24.
Although they've been quiet recently, the band are booked up until March 2017, so there's nothing to worry about...for right now. ;w;